All the Best Kayak Trailers Reviewed | Top Kayak Trailers for Sale
After kayaking for close to two months (my newfound hobby), one of the most important things that I have noted is, trailers are everything and finding the Best kayak trailer is an absolute necessity.You will never have to worry about lifting your kayak to your vehicle’s roof rack. What’s even incredible; kayak trailers are a long term investment and will guarantee years of usage.
Are you looking to understand and probably shop for the best kayak trailer of 2017?
Most of them are ideal for someone looking for a long-term transportation solution. They are made to last, have a notably rugged design and aren’t bulky, cumbersome and inconveniencing. To better understand what that means, here is a list of the ten of the best kayak trailer of 2017. Don’t forget to have a glimpse of kayak trailers of 2017.
1. PORTAGE PAL T-2000 CANOE/KAYAK TRAILER
Portage Pal trailer is an affordable way of seamlessly transporting your kayak – using Portage Pal T-2000 Canoe/Kayak Trailer. It is one of the best Kayak trailers in the market.Forget about the hassle of having to lift your kayak onto your car’s rooftop rack. This trailer is specially made for transporting kayaks. It is simple to assemble, appears with a mark of durability and can carry as many as three kayaks at once.
Some of its best features include the low bunk height that guarantees near effortless loading and unloading. Besides its exceptional value, Portage Pal T-2000 Canoe/Kayak Trailer is a machine of proven durability and suits those looking for a long-term solution. Its other major specifications include the following.
- Durability – Galvanized and powder coated steel body with flexible tongue brackets and axle for its extended durability. Such quality materials, in fact, highlights one of its most important features.
- Versatile – although you may often use it to transport your kayak and canoe, this trailer is long enough to carry other kinds of watercraft without difficulty. It provides soft, hitch-free rides and will help transport your kayak with no tongue extensions.
- Carry kayaks and canoes of varying lengths – with its four-piece telescoping tongue, this trailer can carry any kayak 8 feet to 22 feet long. It has been severally used to carry up to three long canoes, a benefit that’s hard to rival.
- Economical trailer – it’s made to keep your overall transport costs low. It’s both rugged and cost efficient and can be assembled in less than four hours.
- Safe, soft rides – it is made to offer smooth, accident-free rides, thanks to the pending coil spring suspension and white plastic fenders. The trailer also includes tail lights.
- Weight and maneuverability – weighs a small 125 pounds, meaning that you can maneuver using your hands, even when it is loaded with two kayaks.
- Lowered down for easy loading and unloading
- 8-inch wheels with 4.8×8 tires
- A year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- A lasting, affordable solution for transporting your Kayaks and canoes
- A durable trailer – made to last
- Can be assembled in under four hours
- Tail lights for safety
- Coil spring suspension for safe, glitch-free rides
- Highly versatile and can carry kayaks and canoes
- Speed limit isn’t known for this trailer
If you are looking to have fun with friends and still protect your kayaks, there’s no need to risk using your truck’s rooftop racks. Without a doubt, Portage Pal T-2000 Canoe/Kayak Trailer is the safest, durable and most economical solution. Grab your gear and head off without worries.
2. MALONE XTRALIGHT TRAILER PACKAGE WITH 1 SADDLE UP KAYAK RACK
It is frequently an easy, smooth process to load and transport a kayak when you have a hauling trailer that effectively makes the procedure safe, convenient and enjoyable. A trailer like Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 Saddle Up Kayak Rack makes it more simple and stress-free because it is made for such jobs as this. That’s why it is the leading recreational and kayak fishing enthusiasts’ haulage trailer.
- Quality trailer – with a Galvanized steel frame with 58-inch steel load bars, this top-quality trailer can comfortably carry up to two large kayaks. It even includes galvanized wheels and composite fenders.
- Made to last – with a marine grade galvanized steel, a reinforced dual-piece extended tongue, a 2-inch receiver with skid plate and coated steel load bars, this trailer automatically lasts.
- Ideal for large fishing kayaks – comes with adjustable kayak carriers and cargo straps to reliably and securely transport kayaks of up to 14-inches long. Its padded bottom offers protective support and cushioning, and since it can carry up to 275 lbs, there’s no need to look elsewhere.
- One of the most affordable kayak trailers in the world, highly versatile and easy to use, Malone Xtralight Trailer Package can transport two boats and fishing gear.
- It functions as a vehicle roof rack, but with more power and will also hold cargo boxes, bikes, and other boats.
- Compatible with all the commonly available gear carriers.
- Made in the USA and comes with a 5-year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- Suits any fishing hopeful – designed for recreational and kayak fishing outings
- Easy to assemble and galvanized wheels offer smooth rides
- Durable and easily an affordable, convenient kayak transportation trailer
- Hauls a variety of kayaks and boats
- Can also store your kayaks when not in use
- Comes with a DOT-approved lighting and a wire harness
- Affordable and comes with a 5-year warranty
- Limited maximum boat length of 14-feet isn’t ideal
For some, transporting a kayak in a simple, yet convenient way entails using their car’s rooftop racks and pickup truck’s bed. While they aren’t the best ways of protecting their kayaks and boats from transport-based damages, Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With one Saddle Up Kayak Rack offers an exact opposite of their flaws. The trailer is designed to transport kayaks of up to 14-feet and is made to last. As a sign of quality, it comes with a 5-year warranty.
3. MICROSPORT 2-BOAT SEAWING TRAILER PACKAGE
If there’s any trailer kit made with a perfect touch of affordability, material quality, and design reliability, then it is MicroSport 2-Boat SeaWing Trailer Package. It is built to haul two kayaks and still reserve some room for bikes and cargo boxes and can reliably support a whopping 350 lbs. Additionally, this premium built kayak trailer allows transporting of any kayak of up to 19-feet.
- Easy to assemble, MicroSport 2-Boat SeaWing Trailer Package comes with the following features.
- Durability – first is the galvanized steel frame, the crossbars, and the extended heavy-duty tongue. Alongside that, galvanized wheels for secure transport help keep the trailer going.
- Compatible with all the popular types of kayak trailer carriers – Malone, Yakima, and Thule
- Carriage of two large kayaks with an extra room for space – no more strenuous loading and unloading of kayaks, and hence enjoyable paddling with friends.
- Pre-fitted chassis component and electrical system and comes with detailed setting up instructions for 2-3hrs of assembly
- Maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs
- A 5-year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- Made for kayaks and canoes
- Quality, affordable and reliable trailer
- Made to last
- Pre-assembled for swift installation
- Transport two large kayaks and other accessories
- This trailer fits almost all car rack accessories
- DOT-approved bearing and lighting
- 5-year warranty – mark of quality
- May require purchase of other accessories including mounting brackets and a bike rack to work better
For safe and comfortable paddling for hours, you certainly need a kayaking trailer that offers affordability, quality and design reliability. MicroSport 2-Boat SeaWing Trailer Package will require an hour or two of your time, but will deliver. This trailer is made from high-quality materials and lasts. It comes with lots of reviews and doesn’t cost a fortune. If you are looking for a trailer, just bank on it.
4. RIGHT-ON TRAILER MULTI SPORT KAYAK TRAILER
Finally, an incredibly affordable, rock-solid, multi-sport trailer for your upcoming adventure is here. You just pad its crossbars to accommodate your surfboards, fishing kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and other small water vessels and, off, you go. Right-on Trailer Multi Sport Kayak Trailer allows two kayaks, side by side, is easy to tow and can still carry two of your bikes.
Its user-friendly innovation design means that you quickly and almost effortlessly get off the water for your journey back home. It is easy to load, often requires one person, and configuration is a breeze, whether it is Yakima or Thule. Its standout features include the following.
- Low profile for one person loading and unloading
- Sturdy frame and soft springs to ensure safe, vibration-free transportation
- Made to ensure years of usage, thanks to it powder coat finish
- Its 64-inch crossbar accepts pretty much any accessory from Thule and Yakima
- The dark-colored trailer comes with lights and side lights with flat four wiring connection
- Alongside carrying many kayaks, surfboards, and stand-up paddleboards, it has enough space to take six bikes
- You don’t need to immerse the trailer in water before launch
- More fuel efficient, less work compared to using your truck’s bed or your SUV rooftop rack
- Gateway for more enjoyable adventures
- One year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- This kayak trailer carries all your favorite outdoor toys at once
- Easy to load and more fuel efficient than using a truck
- Durable, safe and problem-free hauling of your kayaks
- Lightweight and DOT certified
- Fits kayaks of up to 15-inches
- Better than using your car’s rooftop
- Affordable and fuel efficient
- Its 15-inch maximum carrying length may lock out longer, better kayaks
- Only two kayaks, side-by-side at any moment isn’t suitable for those with more kayaks
One of the best features of Right-on Trailer Multi-Sport Kayak Trailer is, you can load and unload alone. It is DOT-certified with a sturdy frame and soft springs, meaning that you can carry your outdoor toys without worries. You will like its lights and bearings because they can withstand water immersion. So, if you are looking to go kayaking this coming weekend, trust Right-on Trailer Multi-Sport Kayak Trailer for the job.
5. MALONE XTRALIGHT TRAILER PACKAGE WITH 1 L-KAYAK RACK AND STACKER BLOCKS
Malone’s vast array of kayak trailers has truly revolutionized the way kayak transport ought to appear. Irrespective of the type of kayak you are transporting, the total distance and your vehicle type, you won’t certainly miss one. The latest one, Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 L-Kayak Rack And Stacker Blocks is a convenient alternative for carrying boats of up to 14-inches.
Right off the hook is the beautiful, galvanized steel frame with 58-inch stainless steel-coated load bars for its longevity. It’s lighter, perhaps more compact than its rivals, a feature that helps enhance its maneuverability. It comes with a host of features, but what’s even blissful is, you just need an hour or two to assemble.
- It is 58-inches wide and 134-inches long and can carry up to 275lbs of 14-inch canoes, kayaks, and boats
- It is 2-inch, class II receiver and transports up to four kayaks
- Its rectangular coated steel crossbars are compatible with Malone kayak, boats, surfboards and other accessories
- Padded bottom offers extra cushioning and smooth rides
- Galvanized steel frame construction and Lightweight polycarbonate fenders for durability
- A set of load straps for tighter and more secure hauling
- Made in the USA and comes with a 5-year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- Compact, durable and easy to set up trailer
- Comfortable, safe transport of your kayaks, boats, and canoes
- Versatile enough to carry four kayaks and other vessels
- Swift assembly time of three hours only
- A combination of affordability and quality
- Designed for recreational boats
- DOT-certified with lighting and bearing and a 5-year warranty
- Its 14-inch maximum boat length and 275lb isn’t perfect for hauling longer boats
There are multiple reasons to opt for Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 L-Kayak Rack And Stacker Blocks as your preferred trailer – years of stress-free haulage, value for money and safety of your kayaks. But, it is the manufacturer’s reputation and the affordability of the trailer than usurps all. Unlike the conventional varieties, this trailer can carry four different kayaks. You can be confident of clocking over 45 mph without worrying too.
6. RUFF-SPORT TRAILER – GALVANIZED FINISH FOR KAYAK, BICYCLE, AND SUP
Universal kayak trailers guarantee safe and convenient transport of kayaks, boats, and canoes. But, not all of them are designed to withstand extreme environmental conditions including rusting the way Ruff-Sport Trailer is. Perfect for transporting your Kayaks, SUP’s, bicycles, and cargo boxes, multiple benefits come with buying it.
This new kayak trailer is designed with a Galvanized steel frame and two large 4.80 x 12″ Wheels for smooth hauling. It comes with a 64-inch crossbar that supports many roof rack accessories from such brands as Yakama and Thule. One of the main benefits of using it is the guaranteed comfort and security of your kayaks, even when clocking 45 mph.
- A robust galvanized steel frame and soft springs for safe, vibration-free haulage
- Galvanized steel frame for durability and reliable support of your kayaks
- Comes with standard LED lights
- Can be used in saltwater areas as it can withstand corrosion
- Can carry all that you need for an enjoyable outing
- It is more fuel efficient than using your truck
- Can take two 14-inch kayaks
PROS AND CONS
- A durable trailer that doesn’t rust
- Compact and sturdy for hitch-free trips
- LED lights and fastening straps guarantee tight fastening of the luggage
- More fuel efficient than using a car
- Compatible with all roof rack accessories from Yakama and Thule
- Affordable and easy to assemble and use
- Will require black frame pads, which are sold separately
It is important to note that while Ruff-Sport Kayak Trailer – Galvanized finish for kayak, bicycle, and SUP may look like a conventional kayak trailer, its features are way too superior to ignore. It is practically made for those who enjoy kayaking in fresh waters and salty waters. Again, its rugged structure coupled with its proven durability means that you will never have to worry about buying a new trailer. You can pack everything and head off for a weekend in a remote location. It is definitely worth your bucks!
7. MALONE AUTO RACKS MICROSPORT TRAILER KAYAK TRANSPORT PACKAGE WITH 4 MALONE J-PRO2 KAYAK CARRIERS
Kayak trailers are revered because they offer a cheaper, safer and convenient way of hauling kayaks, canoes, and boats. However, one of the biggest problems with almost all of them is, they aren’t engineered to allow quick lifting of the canoe the way Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak Transport Package is.
Truth be told, Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak is a premium trailer both in its quality and design. Firstly, it is made with four pairs of Malone J-Pro2 J-style kayak saddles to hold the kayaks in place. It helps transport up to four kayaks without having to lift them into your vehicle’s rooftop. What even more?
- Marine grade pre-galvanized 78-inch wide by 164-inch long steel frame doesn’t rust and will guarantee years of usage
- Maximum weight it can support is 350lbs
- Regular rectangular shaped load bars, and thus compatible with all the commonly available rack accessories
- Its heavy-duty tongue allows transport of boats of up to 19-inches in length
- Galvanized wheels for smooth rides even in salty waters
- The kit includes pre-fitted mechanical, electrical and hub assemblies and installation details
- Assembling will take 2-3 hours
- Affordable with a 5-year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- Perfect blend of affordability, quality, and design reliability
- Can reliably carry kayaks, canoes, cargo boxes and bikes
- Galvanized finish translates to years of transporting your tools
- Can carry four kayaks
- Coated steel cross rails that fits regular 2″ hitch receivers
- Helps you save a huge chunk of fuel costs
- No more headaches of loading boats, bikes and luggage
- 2-3 hours of assembly
- Your can accelerate to 70 mph with no problems
- Excellent customer service
- It might take longer to assemble, load and ensure that everything works well
The ever reliable Malone don’t disappoint, and everything about Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak Transport Package is excellent. The 78-inch wide cross rails and the four pairs of Malone J-Pro2 J-style kayak saddles add to its elegance. Purchasing it means that you will never have to shop around for another trailer. By and large, this one is better than the others.
8. MULTI-SPORT RACK TRAILER FOR KAYAKS, SUPS, CANOES, & BICYCLES
Perhaps, you have noticed the seemingly ordinary breed of kayak trailers – you stack up 2-4 kayaks. Others are arranged side by side and tightly tied up before transporting them. However, Multi-Sport Rack Trailer is as unique as it comes – with a 2nd tier rack for extra kayaks and gear.
It is designed to lie low, yet stable and compact enough to ensure safe transport of kayaks on the bottom rack and the upper one. An amazing trailer, Multi-Sport Rack Trailer is made of 64-inch crossbars to support conventional roof rack materials from both Yakama and Thule. Quality-wise, the strong crossbars can reliably carry your kayaks, sups, canoes and bikes without wobbling.
- It is strong enough to take six bicycles on the topmost rack and four large kayaks at the bottom rack.
- Compact and lightweight for easy loading
- Black in color and made of durable steel-painted bars
- Compatible with all roof rack accessories from Thule and Yakama
- Excellent customer service
- More fuel efficient compared with using your car to transport kayaks and canoes
- Designed to be configured according to your needs
PROS AND CONS
- A revolutionary design that allows carrying of more kayaks and bikes
- Durable, compact and lightweight kayak trailer
- No more hassles of loading your truck’s bed and roof rack
- A superior trailer, both in quality of its parts and its overall design, too good for its price
- Excellent customer service
- LED lights for extra safety at night
- Comes with an easy-to-follow manual
- Coated metal material, meaning that it isn’t suitable for all extreme conditions as it can rust
You can expect to find a trailer with excellent features like this trailer’s, but with a friendly price. Firstly, purchasing Multi-Sport Rack Trailer offers you the opportunity to carry all that you need safely conveniently. The trailer is compatible with almost all accessories and is engineered to be towed by all vehicle types.
9. MALONE AUTO RACKS MICROSPORT TRAILER PACKAGE WITH TWO KAYAK AND TWO BIKE TRANSPORT
As a kayak owner, you probably know how expensive your kayak is. One of the best methods of transporting it is using a base rack trailer. Talking about kayak trailers, of course, they are expensive, but with years of problem-free transport solution.
Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Package is one of the convenient and affordable solutions for towing kayaks and canoes while maintaining the kayak’s longevity. It is made for kayakers who also enjoy biking and can reliably carry two large kayaks and canoes. Best of all, it is easy to attach to your vehicle and detach and can also serve as an ideal tool to store them.
- Steel frame that can support up to 350lbs worth of weight and resist corrosion with the galvanized finish
- Made with two pairs of Malone J-Pro2 J-style kayak saddles and bike tray systems to accommodate the two kayaks and bicycles
- Its extended heavy-duty tongue helps haul boats and kayaks of up to 19-inches
- Comes with pre-assembled hubs for swift installation and LED lights
- Its 65-inch steel-coated rectangular load bars accommodates all commonly available accessories
- Galvanized wheels with an extra one
- A 5-year warranty
PROS AND CONS
- Rectangular road bar nearly compatible with all accessories
- Made to last thanks to the galvanized wheels and the steel frame
- Can transport two 19-inch kayaks or canoes and save on gas
- A reliable, affordable solution for towing kayaks and bikes
- Adjustable aluminum bike trays
- Can also store the kayaks
- Come with a 5-year warranty
- Assembly in less than two hours
- You can drive up to 60mph and experience no problems
- It only supports two kayaks
It is not light to put into words the exact feeling after using this kayak trailer. It is excellently designed to accommodate kayakers who love biking, and the fact that it is made to last is pleasing. Carrying two 19-inch canoes isn’t a little feat, not to mention the two bikes. Possibly the best trailer of 2017, Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Package with Two Kayak and Two Bike Transport is a safe bet. Buy it!
10. MALONE XTRALIGHT TRAILER PACKAGE WITH 1 SADDLE UP KAYAK RACK
You shouldn’t be worrying about transporting your kayak to and from water, at least, when there are better kayak trailers. One popular trailer made for recreational and kayak fishing enthusiasts that feature a host of incredible featureS is Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 Saddle Up Kayak Rack.
Whether it is about comfort and durability or compactness and sturdiness of a trailer, this one has it all. Straight away, you will notice that its SaddleUp Pros package helps in transporting your kayak. Furthermore, the durable steel frame along with the steel-coated load bars offer extra years of usage, far from corrosion. It reliably carries one large kayak.
- Galvanized steel frame with a 58-inch stainless steel coated bars for extra durability
- SaddleUp Pros for transport of one kayak of up to 14-inches
- 8-inch, high speed galvanized wheel with composite fenders and leaf spring suspension for smooth rides
- DOT-approved lighting
- 5-year warranty
- Made in the USA
- Maximum weight – 275lbs
PROS AND CONS
- Easy to assemble trailer kit, easy to adjust for all sizes
- Feature galvanized finish to last
- Smooth transportation of your kayaks
- Hauls a variety of kayaks
- Comes with a mark of quality – the warranty and DOT approval
- Limited kayak transport capacity
With your kayak, you invariably need a long term transportation solution. Malone Xtralight Trailer Package With 1 Saddle Up Kayak Rack is an affordable, durable kayak trailer that guarantees smooth rides. It perfectly suits your recreational and kayaks fishing expeditions. Since it doesn’t cost a fortune and is a lifelong investment, perhaps you should take the plunge!
You just have to check the kayak trailer’s weight and its weight capacity. If its weight capacity is extremely is larger than what it can accommodate, the chances of breaking will be high.
2. TRAILER TYPE
- Plug-in kayak cart – comes with fixed wheel. This type of trailer is considered the most stable and lightweight and perhaps the most convenient.
- End trailer – if you have a longer kayak, don’t buy an end trailer. However, it is often durable.
- Strapped carts – suits all types of kayaks. However, a loose strap can be disastrous.
Better, durable wheels are another ticket to more years of usage. However, wider wheel will allow movements in rocky terrains, unlike inflatable wheels that work best on sand surfaces.
4. MATERIAL – FRAME
Steel is essentially the commonest material, although it can’t be as durable as using aluminum-made trailer. So, as you shop for a lasting trailer, aluminum is the best.
Foldable kayak trailers are better because they are roomy and oftentimes, stable. However, since some can’t be disassembled and assembled with ease means that they aren’t perfect. Any one kayak trailer that can be disassembled with ease for stage is worth your bucks.
The list above includes both expensive kayak trailers and the budget ones. If budget isn’t a problem, just go overboard and buy something pricey. Remember, cheaper kayak trailers can still do an incredible job.
For a savvy kayak owner, kayak trainers aren’t a luxury, but rather a must-have. From the list above, it is pretty clear that durability, price and capacity aren’t merely the go-to features when shopping for a trailer. Some manufacturers are known for their stellar trailers, while other are new in the industry.
The highlighted features offers a better view of what to expect from a chosen product. Price aside, quality of the trailer is far much better in the long run. You are probably looking to switch from using your car’s rooftop rack, which is pleasing. So, don’t just consider the price; warranties are there for a purpose. When all’s said and done, make your life easier and your hobby enjoyable by buying a classy kayak trailer. Won’t you?